- As always at the N Scale Convention, we will have a Model Contest in Pittsburgh Pa.
- All entrants must be a 2017 National N-Scale Convention registered attendee. Registration number is required on ALL entry forms.
- Each entry must be accompanied by the official contest entry form. Forms are posted on this site, and will be available in the contest room during all open hours. Note: credit should be given to all individuals involved in the creation of this entry!
- Only one category entry per registration number. NEW
- Entries must not have won in previous NSE model contest. NEW
- All winners are determined by popular vote.
- Voting by attendees can take place during open viewing hours. Final voting will take place in the contest room on Friday; NO BALLOTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 4:00 FRIDAY JUNE 23
Contest: Check In, Viewing and Voting Hours
|June 21 Wednesday 3:30PM –4:30PM||3:30PM –4:30PM||Check In|
|June 22 Thursday||4:30PM – 5:30PM||Check in -Viewing and Voting||After the day's Tours|
|June 23 Friday||9:00AM – 4:00PM||Viewing and Voting||Voting Ends|
|June 24 Saturday||4:00PM – 5:00PM||Pick Up||After Public Show closes|
- Motive Power: Steam
- Motive Power: Diesel All locomotives except steam types and passenger revenue carrying types.
- Motive Power: Other (gas, electric)
- Rolling Stock: Freight Cars All types of freight revenue carrying, including express reefers.
- Rolling Stock: Non Revenue Equipment/MOW (Excluding Cabooses unless direst MOW related) Right of way and track maintenance vehicles, rail and inspection cars, railroad cranes and others not considered directly involved in revenue service.
- Rolling Stock: Caboose All types, including bobbers, drovers, transfers, etc.
- Rolling Stock: Passenger Cars All types of passenger revenue carrying equipment, including RDC, rail buses, observation, mail and baggage.
- Vehicles: Models (automobiles, trucks, hi-rail equipment, boats and aircraft)
- Diorama: Scene can be either Online or Offline scenes, size limit of 2 ft. wide, 1 ft. deep
- Best Module Any module set up as part of the hotel layout. One entry per person; an entry can have one or a group of Modules
Note: Because of award presentation program there will not be a category for photography!
If you have any questions about the Model Contest, please contact Terie Campoy
Check back here often as we continue to update details